Friday, September 7, 2007
Makes 6 Waffles
1 ½ cups flour
1 ½ tbsp baking powder
3 tbsp sugar
60 g butter
1 cup milk
½ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla essence
1. Cream sugar and butter in the mixing bowl. Beat the eggs, milk and vanilla essence in the measuring cup and stir well.
2. Add all the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl.
3. Gradually add the liquid mixtures in the mixing bowl and mix well. Let it rest for about half an hour.
4. Preheat and grease the waffle iron. Pour in about 4 tablespoon of batter (enough to cover the mould). Close the iron and bake until golden brown
5. Serve with butter, jam, pandan flavoured kaya, ice-cream or fresh banana with Maple syrup.