Brenda invited us to her place yesterday to show us "the making of Chocolate Cupcakes". She shared with us many tips (use a pouring cup to fill the muffin cups with batter) and terms about baking of cupcakes. She even showed us the steps of mixing the ingredients and explained to us in detail. I have taken some pictures of her cupcakes to show you.
Look at the colours of the buttercream. So bright and beautiful!
The flower was made of fondant (sugar paste or gum paste).
Brenda measures the ingredients...
I'm going to try her recipe myself.
If you want to try it, here's the recipe...
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (plain flour)
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 teaspoons of baking powder
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 1/3 cups white sugar (fine sugar or castor sugar)
2 eggs (room temperature)
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (can use vanilla essence)
1 cup milk (UHT milk or fresh milk)
1. Preheat the oven to 175 deg C. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at the time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well.
4. Fill the muffin cups slightly more than half full.
5. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a stick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
6. Frost with your favourite frosting when cool.