Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Chewy Chocolate Chips Cookie

I always like to make cookies as it's very easy to prepare. I found this Chewy Chocolate Chips Cookie recipe written on my little note book.
Early this morning, around 8am. I took out a block of salted butter (Golden Churn brand) from my fridge and let it soften in room temperature.
My son is in the kitchen with me, he's busy opening the cabinet drawers and played with my trays and whatever he can find in the kitchen.
I measure the flour and sugar and the rest of the ingredients.
Everything is in order, then I preheat the oven at 165 degree C.
At the mean time, I mix the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl.
Add the eggs and vanilla essence and stir gently. Once the mixture is well mixed, I add in flour with baking soda and chocolate chips and make it into a dough. It's very easy! All I need is a table spoon and scoop the dough and roll it into a ball about the size of a 50 cents coins.
I flatten the balls slightly, and gently. make sure the unbaked cookies is well spread on the baking sheet (I place a piece of baking paper, so I don't have to use flour or grease the tray).
The baked cookies will expand and bigger.

After 16 minutes, the aroma of the chocolate filled the whole house. I rotate the tray while the cookies is still in the oven for about 12 minutes, so that the cookies are evenly baked. I have to do this because my oven is not those built-in type.






Here's the recipe.

Chewy Chocolate Chips Cookies
(makes 60 cookies)

Ingredients:
2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda

150g salted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup fine sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg
1 egg yolk

1/2 cup dark semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Mix all the ingredients above and bake in a preheated oven at 165 deg C for about 16-18 minutes. Cool the cookies on the wire rack and store in an airtight container.
Serve with cold milk.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I've been looking thru ur blog for a few months n i'm quite impressed of the things u've created. Ur cookies look so crispy.

I've got a problem with baking cookies...my dough is always wet like a cake mixture instead of a dough and thus my cookies are always not crispy...its those soggy type, no matter how long or wat temp. its still the same. Is it my mixing method?...i shld use rubbing in method instead of using mixer to mix the butter/sugar with the flour?

Hope u can help me :(
Thanks...

Florz

Anonymous said...

Hi, I've been looking thru ur blog for a few months n i'm quite impressed of the things u've created. Ur cookies look so crispy.

I've got a problem with baking cookies...my dough is always wet like a cake mixture instead of a dough and thus my cookies are always not crispy...its those soggy type, no matter how long or wat temp. its still the same. Is it my mixing method?...i shld use rubbing in method instead of using mixer to mix the butter/sugar with the flour?

Hope u can help me :(
Thanks...

Florz

jthorge said...

Hi Florz,
Thanks for visiting my blog.
I don't use mixer for mixing the cookies' dough.
Always remember not to overmix the dough as the cookies will end up very tough and hard. Using a wooden spoon to mix the ingredients is what I always do.
Try this recipe, it is very crispy, when you eat it, it's a little chewy.

Hope you find this useful. :D

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna try this recipe of yours. Thank you for sharing!

Cheers!
Ma-Li

jthorge said...

You are most welcome! :D

Geraldine said...

Hi, thank you for sharing your recipes. I have tried out a few recipes and they turned out fantastic.

btw, can tell me where you buy those clear cookie bags?

jthorge said...

Hi Geraldine,
You are welcome. Glad to know that you like the recipes.
I bought the cookie bags at "Phoon Huat". :D