Monday, December 10, 2007

Bread Pudding



Bread Pudding
Ingredients:
6 slices bread
400ml milk
3 eggs
5 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp raisins
50g butter
red and green cherries (optional)
Method:
Cut each slice of bread diagonally into 2 triangles. Spread with butter and bake in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes.
Beat the eggs with sugar, add milk and mix well.
Arrange the bread evenly on the baking tin (I use pyrex bakeware). Sprinkle raisins over the bread. Pour in egg mixture and soak the bread with egg mixture.
Put it into a preheated oven at 180 deg C for about 25 minutes. Serve hot.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Bread Pudding! I made this for Edna for a few mornings with b'milk when she was about 10 months old... it was her favourite. I added a bit of powdered cinnamon, sugar and microwave it with the bread and milk - and voila! Breakfast! *winks*

jthorge said...

Wow! Your bread pudding must very yummy! With b'milk and cinnamon. Can see Edna loves your baked food.
My ds refused to open his mouth when I want to feed him with this bread pudding. so sad... :(

Brenda said...

Actually, I think it was the cinnamon - my girl loves spices... she's the original spice girl! haha. She loves her morning eggs with pepper and complains when I forget to add that in. *rolls eyes*

jthorge said...

haha... Edna is so cute! She knows what she wants. :D Next time I'll add a dash of cinnamon into this recipe. Will try to feed my son again. ;> Thanks for your tips.