Monday, May 26, 2008

Very Nice Pancake

This is what we had for breakfast today. My daughter said it's very nice, so I call this pancake ~ "Very Nice Pancake". My son likes to eat it too!

bg_icon
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Pancake (American recipe)
makes 8 - 10 pancakes

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 cup corn oil



Method:
Mix all ingredients until smooth. Let it rest for 20 minutes.
Heat a non-stick surface skillet over low heat.
Pour the batter by spoonfuls into the hot pan, forming 5-inch circle.
When the edges appear to harden, flip the pancake. It should be light brown.
Cook on the other side till light brown.
Serve with Maple syrup, butter or fresh fruits.

To make Buttermilk = 1 tbsp lemon juice or white/cidar vinegar to a cup of milk.

2 comments:

Faery said...

I love this blog I am going to add it to my favorite links list

Anonymous said...

Hi,

your pancakes look lovely. I shall try them this weekend.

Thanks for sharing. =)