Monday, October 8, 2007

Danish Cookies

I use baking paper as piping bag. After "squeezing" out some twenty cookies. I took a photo of it.

Baked Danish cookies. Oh no! The pattern has disappeared! Next time I will use up all the flour (300g). A lesson learnt. Normally I add the flour bit by bit until the mixture is ready to pipe. The taste of the cookie is quite nice. My dd likes it. I'm quite happy because usually she doesn't like to eat cookies.
I set the temperature to 160 deg C. It takes about 15 minutes to bake the cookies.
Before putting in the oven.
The result. sigh!





Saw Tweety02 posted this recipe at M4M forum. The cookies she baked were very beautiful.

I managed to bake some cookies when my hubby is at home.

Thanks Tweety02 for the recipe.

Ingredients
150g unsalted butter
75g shortening
40g sugar
80g icing sugar
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
300g cake flour

Decoration
chocolate chips

Method
Add melted unsalted butter, shortening, sugar and icing sugar.
Beat till mixture is fluffy and pale yellow.
Pour in beaten whole egg, egg yolk and vanilla essence over 2-3times.
Sift in cake flour and mix to form batter.
Fill batter into pastry bag with large flower shaped nozzle. Squeeze out round moulds.
Deco with choco chips. Bake at 170-180deg for 15mins.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Are you using wilton star nozzle
1M tip?

You have a very nice blog. Happy new year to your sweet family.

Queen Butter

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I've to retype my comment as I guess my previous one was lost.

Are you using wilton 1M tip for these cookies?

Regards,
Queen Butter

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I've to retype my comment as I guess my previous one was lost.

Are you using wilton 1M tip for these cookies?

Regards,
Queen Butter