These carrot cupcakes are very moist, soft and yummy. The recipe was adapted from Brenda's Carrot Cake recipe. Thanks Brenda! *wink*
250ml vegetable oil (I use 200ml Sunflower oil)
150g brown sugar
500g coarsely grated carrot (I use 300g)
120g coarsely chopped walnuts (I use 50g)
375g self raising flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp mixed spice (I use 1 tsp cinnamon powder)
(Please take note: I would prefer to follow the original recipe, due to not enough ingredients available, I adjust a bit here and there.)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and mixed spice together in a bowl.
3. Whisk eggs and sugar till thick and creamy.
4. Fold in the oil lightly. Don't worry if the oil doesn't bind into the mixture at this stage - because it won't. Therefore, you don't need to stir the mixture too long.
5. Fold in the carrot and the walnuts. Again, don't worry if the carrot and walnuts don't get mixed evenly; the mixture still won't bind well until you...
6. Add in the dry ingredients. In this case, add in a few spoonfuls at a time, until the batter is more or less even.
7. Spoon the batter into the paper cups about 2/3 full.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or till skewer inserted comes out clean.
9. Let the cupcakes cool on the wire rack.