Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Marble Cupcakes





I have this "Marble Cake" recipe for almost 20 years. Thought of baking it today since I have so much baking ingredients in my fridge. keke..
Yay!! I'm so happy! Ray Han likes to eat this cake. All my effort is not wasted. hehe...

The texture of this cake is very soft, not too sweet.
This recipe makes about 12 cupcakes


Marble Cake

Ingredients:
310g cake flour (original recipe call for self-raising flour)
2 tsp baking powder (Omit this if using self-raising flour)
250g salted butter
250g castor sugar
4 eggs (beaten)
45g baking chocolate melted with 1 tbsp milk (I use double-boil method)
1 tbsp cocoa powder (I add this to make it more chocolate flavour)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp milk

Method:
Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
Add egg mixture gradually, beat well after each addition.
Fold in sifted flour lightly into the mixture.
Add a little milk and vanilla essence and mix well.
Divide mixture into two equal portions.
Add melted chocolate and cocoa powder to one portion.
Scoop a tablespoon of batter into the paper cup, add the chocolate batter over it, repeat the process till all the paper cups filled with 1/2 full of batter.
Use a teaspoon or sharp object to stir the batter in the paper cups lightly, but don't overmix.
Bake in a preheated oven at 170 deg C for about 25 minutes or till the test skewer comes out clean.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am the one who sent u the query on marble cupcake. forgot to leave my email address. can u pls adv. my email address is skyjet17@yahoo.com.sg

thanks.

jthorge said...

Hi, May I know what's your query? I received one comment about this marble cupcake. Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

did not manage to get the texture of the marble cupcake soft. can u adv what went wrong. thanks. skyjet17@yahoo.com.sg

Anonymous said...

hv tried baking yr marble cupcake but cld not get the texture soft. pls adv what went wrong. thanks.