Friday, August 29, 2008

Horlicks Doggie Cookies

Today I made fifty-four Horlicks Cookies for my children to eat. The recipe was featured in The Sunday Times, creation of Ms Irene Yip, a trainer at the Chef's Secrets cooking school.

This is so fun! All the cookies look so different. The expression and the shape of the doggies. My daughter said some of them are "fat" and "round".Photobucket My son ate about 6 cookies and my daughter ate about 8 cookies. They like it very much and so do I.Photobucket


Horlicks Doggie Cookies

Source: Recipe from Ms Irene Yip, trainer at the Chef's Secrets cooking school.

Ingredients:
180g butter
80g Horlicks (original flavour)
200g top flour
25g cornflour
25g milk powder

Decoration:
100g chocolate chips
Koko Krunch

Note:
I add 1 tablespoon of castor sugar to the recipe and make into a dough.
I use Chocolate rice for the eyes.

Method:
1) Sift the flour, cornflour and milk powder.
2) Cream the butter and Horlicks for 3 minutes at low speed. Do not overbeat.
3) Add the sifted flour and beat for about one minute to form a dough.
4) Divide dough into 10g each. Embed 3 chocolate chips into each piece of dough and roll into a ball.
5) Insert 2 pieces of Koko Krunch to form the ears and 1 chocolate chip as the nose.
6) Bake at 140 degC for about 25 minutes. (I bake at 155 degC for about 15-17 minutes)
7) Cool before storing.

10 comments:

PG CakeCraft said...

Wow! what cute biscuits.Can i make in a cat's shape?

teatea said...

Hi
Came across your site n this cutie dog cookies are so cute, will try to bake :)

teatea said...

Hi
Forgot to ask, can i used plain flour bcos thats the only flour i have left? is it the same as top flour?

jthorge said...

Yes. You can design it anyway you like. :D
I'm thinking, you can shape it in any form and try M&M chocolate, hundreds and thousands etc for decoration. Next time I shall try and post new design for this recipe. Cheers!

jthorge said...

Hi teatea,
You can use plain flour making cookies. Top flour is like cake flour, suitable for cakes and cookies. Hope you like the cookies. Cheers!

Gina Choong said...

joyce, Irene Yip is also the owner of Chef Secrets Cooking Studio. I run my classes at her school now. We are good friends. You should try her Laksa cookies..so sinfully good!

jthorge said...

Hi Gina,
I have her laksa cookies recipe, cut-out from the ST, will give it a try soon. Thanks for the recommendation! Can you tell Irene for me that I like her recipe very much and thank her for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Juz like to chk can I use something else instead of milk powder?As my kids don't drink milk powder.Thks!

jthorge said...

Hi, my children also don't drink milk powder. So I bought a small pack of full cream milk powder for this recipe.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hi
cute cookies.can we use milk instead of milk powder?