This recipe was taken from fenying's blog. I did some changes as I don't have fresh pandan leaves and fresh coconut milk. This kuih lapis recipe has been tried and tested by many members at M4M parenting forum. It's highly recommended, should give it a try.
a bit of pandan paste
50g rice flour
50g sago flour
130g tapioca flour
200ml coconut milk (packet)
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp vanilla essence
1) Put Ingredients B into a mixing bowl and mix well.
2) Mix Ingredients A and bring to boil. Pour into Ingredients B and mix well, strain.
3) Divide batter into 2 equal parts. Add red coloring in 1 part.Leave 1 part white
4) Heat up a 16 - 18 cm steaming tray, pour 100g of white mixture into the steaming tray and steam for 5 mins
5) pour 100g of red mixture on top of the white layer and steam for 5 mins
6) Repeat until the last layer, steam for 10 mins
7) Remove, leave to cool completely before using a plastic knife to cut into pieces. Serve.