Sunday, May 11, 2008

Chewy Rolled Oats Raisins Cookies

My children like these cookies very much. I found this recipe at "Happy Home Baking". I have modified the recipe slightly to suit my taste.
bg_iconChewy Rolled Oats Raisins Cookies


(makes 24 cookies)
Ingredients:
150g plain flour
150g rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
150g light brown sugar
50g raisins
1 egg
125ml corn oil
1 1/2 tbsp milk

Method:
Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
Mix together flour, oats, baking soda, sugar and raisins in a bowl.
In another bowl, whisk together the egg, oil and milk.

Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture. Mix together to form a soft dough.

Place spoonfuls of dough well apart onto the baking sheet.
Bake for about 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi jthorge,
Thks for sharing this yummy recipe. I baked a batch this morning. The cookies are chewy n not too sweet. My kids simply loved these cookies! And, so did I!:)

aquariusgal

jthorge said...

Hi aquariusgal,
You are welcome. :D
Glad to know that it turns out well for you.
We also love this cookie very much and can finished all the cookies within 2 days. All were eaten up by me and 2 children. :P