Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Baked Elbow Macaroni with Cheese

We were having this pasta for lunch today. My daughter said this is her favourite pasta.


Ingredients:
150g Elbow Macaroni
1 can
(294g) Cream of mushroom soup
200ml Water
125g grated Parmesan Cheese
3 slices leg ham
(diced)
1 large White Onion (diced)
1 Tomato (diced)
2 tsp Butter

Method:
Bring water to the boil in a pot, adding 1/2 teaspoon butter (or cooking oil) and a tablespoon of salt. Boil the pasta for about 10 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.

Heat some butter in a frying pan and fry the diced onions until fragrant. Add the ham and tomatoes and stir fry for a minute. Turn off the heat and leave aside to cool.

Heat the can soup with 200ml of water. Place macaroni in an oven proof dish and pour hot soup over to the depth of the dish. Mix onion, tomato and ham mixture with some cheese into the cooked macaroni and mix well. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the macaroni mixture. Bake in the oven at 190 deg C for about 10 minutes or until cheese melts and turns golden brown. Serve hot.

5 comments:

Chawanmushi said...

Hi Joyce
I've been following your blog off and on for quite a while. I enjoyed reading what you write and also thank-you for sharing your recipes here.
I have something for you here ....
http://cookbakelegacy.blogspot.com/2008/02/friendship-ball.html

jthorge said...

Hi Cecily,
Thanks for the friendship ball.
I will keep it on my blog.
:D Also, I like to read your food blog too!

Anonymous said...

Mummy, This is one of my favourite meals. Please cook it often for me. :thumbsup: Thank you, mummy! :D

MH said...

This dish looks simple to handle :D
May I know: is the recipe for 1 person or...? (You see, I've 2 two young kids to feed :D )

Dazy said...

Here is one more item I can offer my kid for their tiffin. Sounds very creative actually. This would be healthy for them too.